Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sharing Christmas

Megan over at A Day with the Demos had a wonderful idea in inviting people to share Christmas via their blogs. Sadly, I don't have very much decorating skill. So here are a few shots of what we have going on in the Vileation Nation. But if you know what's good for you, you'll visit Megan's site which has links to other sites where people are also "sharing Christmas." People who actually decorate...and decorate well.

Here's the tree...and a toy of Jake's...

"Everybody loves a turkey and some mistletoe..." Or is it "Everybody loves a pug and a Christmas tree?"


We're so excited to have new titles this year...Mom and Dad! Which means new stockings, too...and of course Jacob has his own stocking as well.


Got this fun Advent calendar on sale at Target.


Jake will get a new ornament every year...this year he got a Panda, of course! And where did we get this ornament? Valley View Farms!


Our friend Glen is the coolest. He has given us the special White House ornament both this year and last. Very cool because last year's ornament is "A White House Wedding" and last year was our first Christmas as husband and wife. This year's ornament is "An Old Fashioned Christmas Tree." These ornaments are spectacular, I wish the picture could do them justice. Check out this site to get a better idea of how beautiful these ornaments truly are.


And here is Kevin's special ornament this year. You know he put the "Vile" in "Elvis."

Merry Christmas, everyone! Thanks for sharing the holiday season with us!

12 comments:

Stefanie with an F said...

Hey guys! I got your Christmas card! Baby JD is THE cutest baby I've ever seen...in my life. Seriously. Gerber Baby.

If I had my act together, I would totally send out Christmas cards, but it sneaks up on me every year.

So.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! and I hope to see you guys soon!

- Stef!

Crafty P said...

You most certainly have decorating skills!

Especially in the card decorating department (did I mention it was STUNNING?).

love seeing the inside of your home... one day I'll get to visit!

Courtney said...

Hey- I'm a friend of Megan's. Thanks for the tour- I love the mom and dad stockings...so cute. And there are no words for that m&m ornament. Not sure where you get such a beauty.

Megan said...

Maybe your M&M ornament could come hang out with my Oreo and debate on which is more evil! (as in so good so you can't stop eating them evil) I love the wreath behind your couch and the beautiful tree. Our tree does not have nearly enough lights, a fact confirmed looking at your tree!
I love your advent calendar. I need to get on the ball and get a nice one like that. Did you find it at Target this year? Is there a chance I could still find it?!
Thanks for sharing your lovely home and family! Enjoy your first Christmas with Jake!

Sarah said...

Hi...I came over from Meg's blog and just wanted to say that I loved your wreath and tree. It's great seeing other homes all decorated! Thanks for sharing:-)

Happy said...

I adore Jake's stocking...that is the perfect stocking for a little boy to have growing up. Are they special just for the Vileation Nation or can random blog stalkers find them somewhere?

I here the Nation puts out the mother of all Christmas cards....well, we stranger blog stalkers will simply have to take everyone for their word.....

Your home looks lovely. A baby with a Santa hat is the best decoration...he's so cute...he does look like a Gerber baby.

I hope his first Christmas is one to remember!

Anonymous said...

I thought your wreath and tree were beautiful. And I LOVE your advent calendar. What a great Target find!

Jennifer said...

What fun! I love that Jake will get a new ornament each year. My family did that too when I was growing up and now I have a whole collection of Christmas memories.

It looks like you are all ready for Christmas! Merry Christmas to you!

Megan said...

Matt found the advent calendar at Target! Yay! Now I have to ask him how much it cost...

Anonymous said...

Dog, your house is wonderful and your little ornament plan is too cute. Jake is the best in that hat. Merry Christmas. Hey, you should get on Ichat today so we can see you.

Anonymous said...

Um. I just realized I still never got my free office supplies and I know why Luther is luther.
Can Jake come over and play?

stella g. said...

i love your home! and i love that your stockings say mom and dad. i've never seen that before, and i don't know why. i have some stockings i made but haven't had our names put on them yet. maybe i'll get mom and dad put on.... hm.