Saturday, December 6, 2008

8 stones lighter...

Luther is officially 8 stones lighter than he was last week at this time.  He had surgery this week to remove the pesky bladder stones that have been making him crazy for some time now. 

We didn't know Luther was preparing to go under the knife...we just thought he was going in to get his teeth cleaned.  For those who don't know, dogs actually get "put to sleep" (the good kind, not the kind where they never come back) to have their teeth cleaned.  Anyway, the doctor said that she would go ahead and take out the stones, too, if we wanted.  Since the poor guy was already going to get anesthesia, we figured he may as well go all the way.

So here he his, recovering at home.
He seems to be recovering very nicely. I guess he should be...he doesn't have any of these things in him anymore:
In other news, Kevin is at the Army/Navy game today...GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!

8 comments:

Crafty P said...

I was so hoping it was not one of you that your title was referring to!
poor luther. well, at least he's relaxing in style.
is that the poppy blanket you had in college? looks familiar and mkaes me reminiscent

Ben said...

I love the picture of Luther Vile's vial.

Jennifer said...

Poor Luther! That's funny that Luther brought his stones home with him.

Hope Kevin had a good time at the game!

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Anonymous said...

They let you keep the stones? Poor Luther. I think I might request that they put me to sleep for my next teeth cleaning. I could use the nap.

Kristin said...

I am glad that Luther seems to be doing better. At least he was asleep for the whole thing and he probably has no idea what happened! I hope all of you are well. We miss you guys and hope to see you in the not so distant future.

Happy said...

This is the first time I've ever seen a dog's stones on the internet...in their own vial.

Labeled with first and last name.

So funny. I hope poor Luther feels better with those gone. It looks like he's getting first rate care, though. I'm a little envious of his seat by the awesome wood burning fireplace. May I come with my blankey and a good book? Despite the fact that I'm a stranger and all...?

I really feel compelled to mention that purple yoga ball in the corner...I hope that is a chew toy for Luther or a play toy for Jake and not something you actually use to you know, work out on.

Because really, Amy...as if you aren't doing enough as a new mom.

I have an elliptical. I hang my clothes on it. The best money I ever spent for a clothes hanger. And I get a bonus when Derek trips over it in the middle of the night and almost starts to cuss...I giggle every time.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe they sent you home with the stones. Its foul.
But I am glad to see he is doing better. I see he had quite the recovery room going on the floor of your house.

stella g. said...

roxy just got "put down" to have her teeth cleaned, too. we have it done by a vet in a van (sounds shady - isn't, i promise) so roxy always "comes to" at home. it's hilarious. so hilarious that jim made me promise he was around next time to see her try to walk around looking drunk.

is that bad?