Friday, February 29, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
- Touring the Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Touring the Hemingway House (along with all the 6-toed cats)
- Snorkeling (those who have been with me when I've tried snorkeling before know that proof is needed)
- Kayaking at night, wearing headlamps, holding sea cucumbers and urchins
- Kevin in shackles at the Pirate Museum
- An amazing strawberry shortcake that we saw at a cute little restaurant
- Us standing a mere 90 miles from Cuba at the "Southernmost Point."
- And I'm sure many more.
So if anyone knows how to retrieve deleted pictures from the memory card of a camera, please send that information our way immediately! I am really, really upset. Those headlamp pictures were pretty great. I guess I'll just whip up a key lime pie and devour it in one sitting to make myself feel better. It is Tuesday after all, and that's normally what I do on Tuesdays.
Anyway, below is Kevin in the Miami airport (all of those crazy designs are actually fish) and me standing by our pool. I can't believe I messed this up so badly. No matter what, it was a great time and I think Key West is a quaint and lovely place. Tips for those of you going that direction soon:
- Do not rent a car. Stay off Duvall Street somewhere in the middle. We stayed in the Merlin Guesthouse on Simonton and Petronia and loved it.
- Do not expect there to be any hoopla around the signs that indicate the beginning/terminus of Highway 1. Mainly it's just some cars at a stop light.
- Expect to see (and hear) A LOT of free-roaming chickens.
- Expect to see a lot of beautiful women...and if the woman is especially beautiful it's likely she's in drag. We saw many beautiful drag ladies.
- Definitely do the sunset/nighttime kayak trip. But consider the strength of your marriage if you elect to use a tandem kayak with your spouse.
- Eat pie at each Blonde Giraffe location.
- Use Big Al's taxi service from the airport. This could be tough because the service is only Big Al, so you might not get him. He told us a lot about the island and gave us a list of good restaurants.
- Don't expect to eat grouper. I couldn't find a grouper sandwich for anything.
- Consider the Ghost Tour where you learn about Robert the Doll. Oh boy. Scary stuff.