Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dog and Dog Take Tucson

Dog and I just spent a great three days in sunny Tucson, AZ where we hiked, swam and ate. It was really pretty perfect. My only regret is my evident lack of photography genius. If you click here to see our pictures, you'll see that I took about 47 of the same shot, and none of anything particularly interesting. Which is a real shame because we took some incredible hikes that even included a snake. Dog got a shot of the snake, so hopefully soon we'll have some new, better pictures. Right now, enjoy looking at a field of cacti, over and over again.
And truly, if you enjoy hiking and the outdoors, Tucson is your place. But we also felt that this was the right time of year for it. Warm, but not hot. Very pleasant weather with a breeze and everything. And even though we didn't see any of these things in nature, we were told that you could see a mountain lion or a big horn sheep or a javelina at any moment. I guess that's the hook. Oh well. Maybe I should look more closely for those things here in Baltimore.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNGGGGGG photos. Enough of the scenary, Mamie - must see pics of Dog doing toe kicks!

Jennifer said...

It looks like a nice trip and as though you two had a great time! I'm glad to see a comment from Sharyn! :)

The O'Leary Family said...

Yeah, you are right Jennifer. Sharyn is pretty boring herself! :)

The real question is Amy, did you venture about 30 minutes south to the roadside shopping mecca known as Tubac (that's right, I said Tubac...not Tupac).

Kevin and Amy said...

Well very sadly we did NOT visit Tubac...or Tupac for that matter. Did we miss out on something amazing? I was still able to find prickly pear candy, so I felt like I was doing okay. I may have to look up this Tubac and see if it warrants a trip back west.

Amanda said...

I think the photos are wonderful. And we are two of the nicest, classiest people I know.

Anonymous said...

Must see pics of toe kicks! How many times do I have to ask?!

betsy said...

i could scream! my parents have a condo there and JUST left today...could've been a little four square vino get together! (and a little cranberry juice spritzer for the prego!)

Crafty P said...

Well, after all this southwest talk, I must go and make myself some Prickly Pear Cooler.
Cuz, I'm still a TS consultant. Don't you know.

I cannot stand to break my ties!!!!

woe is me.

Sarah said...

One of my friends just got back from Tuscon for an interview a week or so ago. It made me dig up my cactus story again. I was re-reading it not long ago and boy was it funny. But this pictures looks so similar! Glad you had a nice time together.