Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Wife, the Birthday Girl!

Admittedly I am nervous about my first post (yes, this is Kevin and not Amy for once), but nonetheless I will struggle through this and do my best...please forgive me for littering my wife's wonderful blog with my stupidity.

The reason I am putting up this post is because today is my wife's birthday! It was on this day 22 years ago that my wonderful wife was born. Below is a picture of Amy enjoying her gifts at her parents house in Cleveland yesterday. It was a great trip, and even though we left yesterday and are already home, we were able to see her parents, Nana, the Goodmans, Susan and JC and Joshua, and Mark and Roni and Elyse. (Check out some pictures here.)

Through the past 8 months of marriage I have to come to realize that I must be the luckiest man on earth. Seriously, being married to Amy is one of the best things that has happened to me. My wife is a wonderful listener when I need someone to talk to, makes me smile when I have a bad day, and loves me even when I'm at my worst.
My favorite part of our marriage is the time we spend together and how she is able to make everything fun. Whether it be taking Luther for a walk, going for a quick drive to walk around Washington DC, having 'pizza night!', or celebrating 'garbage eve' (Sunday & Wednesday if you are interested), Amy finds a way to just make even the simple things in life fun. As a result, even the bad days are good days.

Well I'm not good at discussions like this, so I'll try to keep it simple as I end it: Happy Birthday Amy - I love you! You're the best thing that's happened to me! Thanks for making our marriage a fun one!...and sorry about the lame yoga blocks I got you for your birthday...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying - literally crying - over this. What a heartfelt, sweet message to your wife, Kevin, on her special day. She certainly is a fantastic listener and makes every moment so much fun.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Kevin, that is so sweet! That's what I love about Amy, too- she makes everything fun. Great to see you guys this weekend. (Thanks for teaching JC all about wrestling, by the way.)
Susan

Amanda said...

Kevin,
What is that you want from Amy, anyway?
That was sweet anyway.

Now go eat local.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Kevin! Amy is such a great person - Happy Birthday Cuz!~ a day late~ But - let it be known that while singing Happy Birthday to Aunt Nancy (on Saturday) you were in my thoughts - and I may have slipped and also said Amy! ;)

Joanie said...

What a great birthday tribute to a great lady! Had I been near a computer and not in West Virginia, I would have given a great big BSG birthday shout-out to the Queen of Fun herself! Hope the 22 year old had an excellent day! Did you get my card at least?? Love you, Amy!

Sarah said...

KEVIN! You weren't litering the blog that was GREAT! And it is so great to hear that you are so happily married.

Sarah said...

Amy, I forgot to say that I loved your comment on my blog and I was laughing as I pictured you with that sign.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Kevin, that was nothing short of a literary masterpiece. You are absolutely right, Amy is wonderful!
With those kinds of writing skills, I hope to see more posts from Kevin!

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest thing i have ever read. well said, kev. and you're right. things are just more fun when amy is there.
mitch

The O'Leary Family said...

Amy, happy birthday!!!

Kevin, wow. What else can I say, wow. You are the guy from the commercial that tries to make the rest of us look bad. What can we expect though, you have always been quite the suck up!

Seriously though, nice words! You guys are going to be so happy when the baby arrives. It is so much better than you think it will be.

Crafty P said...

awww, man. That, my friend, along with the yoga blocks is THE best present you can give your wife. I realize you've only been married 8 months, but, Kev, that rocked the house on the birthday gift scale! way to go.

LOVE the pics of Mrs. Vile with the baby bump! Cute as can be, Aim. Or should I say you look FIERCE!

Loved seeing Carla in the kitchen and I think I even spied little Jordan in the last one! fun!

Lauren said...

Happy belated birthday, Amy!!! It sounds like it was an amazing one, and we are just so happy for you and Kevin and 'bump'! I so loved reading all the beautiful reasons of why Kevin loves you - it so captures your warm, generous, playful spirit, and reminds me of how much I miss you!

Lots of love,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

What??? 22 years old?? Did each day over the past few years translate to turtle days or what? I sincerely believe that Kevin is trying to earn some big brownie points with his pregnant wife, which I think is a good idea! Brilliant!
Hugs to you, Amy, the teenager
Mary Toepfer