Monday, April 7, 2008

We made dinner!

I recognize that many of you do this every night...you make dinner and eat as a family. We don't do this very often. And if we do, it is something frozen that we heat up. But we were bit by the "let's cook dinner" bug and made ourselves some spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and biscuit cake with strawberries for dessert. Again, to many of you this is not news. This is not blog-worthy. We consider this the biggest news since we learned we have a baby on the way.
Here's what I looked like after eating.

Also, please say a prayer for our little pug...Luther is having surgery on his cursed bladder stones on Wednesday. Poor guy. So I'm driving him to Cleveland tomorrow to go under the knife. Honestly, it is roughly a $700 savings to do the surgery in Cleveland rather than Baltimore. Unreal. We will take that $700 and go grocery shopping and continue to try to cook dinner.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fantastic looking dinner! Congratulations on cooking - but it is over rate. Don't cook too often or it will be expected that you cook all the time. For some reason, my two meat-loving boys don't like my ideas of dinner - a veggie tray and some apples with peanut butter.
I'm so sorry to hear of Luther's surgery. We will be thinking of him. $700 savings?! That is wild!

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks fantastic! I'm a fan of mac & cheese - is that cooking?!? ;) YOU, Amy, look wonderful with that little belly! Silly faces and all! I'll be thinking of poor Luther! Is it this Wednesday the 9th? Poor thing. Speaking of Cleveland... fyi, I'll be there this weekend!!!
Take care! Dude says good luck Luther & get better soon buddy!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Luther...Aunt Jacki is saying lots of prayers for you. Consider yourself lucky...at least you didn't have to eat mommy and daddy's "cooking" like your soon-to-be sibling. Good luck in Cleveland.

Crafty P said...

poor little luther. I hope he's feeling better soon.

I LOVE aunt amy's biscuit cake with fresh fruit and what was it.... milk poured over the top? mmmm....

Great job posting pics of your yummy dinner and big 'ol belly!

Amanda said...

Dog, there is no way your belly looks like that after eating.
However, I will note that I am not pregnant and yet after dinner the other night, my very sweet husband said "Are you pregnant?" and pointed at my stomach.
So what if I ate a bunch of dinner followed by Dairy Queen?
You, however, as always, look wonderful.
And here's to Luther. Give him a beer when he gets home.

Megan said...

That dinner looks great! You can never go wrong with spaghetti. Great belly picture - looking good! I hope the trip to cleveland and the surgery goes well as well as the recovery afterwards.

Megan said...

Dinner looks great, you have me beat I never make dessert :)
Glad to finally see a picture of that baby bump too!
Ashley says sorry to hear her buddy have to go get surgery, she despises the vet.

Joanie said...

Finally... the BABY BUMP!!! You look amazing Amy, full of spaghetti or not. We love you!

Congrats on a nice dinner. Hope there are many more :)

And give Luther a high five for us. I'm sure he did just great!

The O'Leary Family said...

DINNER. :( For a second there, I thought you said BRINNER.

Sarah said...

Amy! That looks fantastic! I am glad you blogged your dinner. And I am glad to know Luther didn't need surgery afterall. So how long of a drive is that from DC to Cleveland. I was thinking oh Pittsburgh to Cleveland no big deal but then remembered that you don't live in Pitt anymore!