Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Welcome, Team Vile!

We were recently lucky enough to be a stop on Casey and Chris's tour of the eastern seaboard! They made the long drive from Oklahoma to visit friends and family and we had an awesome time when they came to see us. We met up at the Natural History Museum in DC and then had a nice dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill near Pennsylvania Avenue. After that we went back home and introduced them to Luther as well as Kevin's Elvis wine collection. From there Chris and I both retired to bed and Casey and Kevin played Guitar Hero until somewhere around 4:30 am. Only true Guitar Heroes have that level of dedication.

Then the next day we introduced Casey and Chris to the gourmet world of Chipotle before they headed down to Chris's brother and sister-in-law's place. They acted very impressed and we are grateful for their acting skill. Check out pictures from the weekend here.

The next day Kevin and I headed down to the elusive Mount Vernon, home of George Washington. We bought the year-round membership, so we're hoping some faithful Vileation Nation readers might come visit so we can go back! We didn't get to watch the movie in the visitor's center and Kevin is less than pleased, so please come visit so we have a reason to return in the very near future. Check out the pictures here. I totally get why Washington wanted to live there, it's a beautiful place. And I bet he enjoyed all the museums as much as we did.
So that's the latest out here...hoping to get some belly pictures posted soon. That is, between my feedings. Today's big treat was Taco Bell and ice cream. I'm going to try to not make a habit of that. But those commercials about cheesy melts or something were just wearing me down. Now I've had my fix.

6 comments:

Krissy said...

Miss you like crazy Amy! Thanks so much for the b-day card...and you are going to be a great mother, my friend. Bring on the belly shots!

Megan said...

Can't wait to see the belly :)
Ice cream was a daily occurance for me while waiting on Toby's arrival.
hoping the cudas can make it down there this spring

Anonymous said...

Your dedication to this blog is impressive. It makes for entertaining reading as I continue to put off calling Kevin back!!!

Jennifer said...

What a great time! Family time and Mt. Vernon. I have always wanted to go to Mt. Vernon. Hopefully we can visit you soon so that we can all go. Is Mt. Vernon stroller-accessible? I guess, Sam could always "sling-it" if need be. :) Eat up that ice cream! You deserve it!

Chad and Joanie said...

We want to visit soon too! Chad has some days to use before June, so we'll give you a call when we get things figured out! Would love to see Mt. Vernon since I haven't been there since the 7th grade social studies trip to DC. And yes, bring on the belly! Taco Bell is really ok now and then!

Angela said...

I confess, it had been about 10 years since I went to Taco Bell, but last week, I too broke down because of the Cheesy & Crunchy Gordita commercials. Here is my actual order at the drive-thru "I want one of those cheesy things you are advertising on TV?"
A dios mios! (Sorry to spanish speakers out there, I am a Frenchie) Those Cheesy gorditas are OUT OF THIS WORLD! I LOVE them.