Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I Can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends"

This past weekend Jake learned that there is life on this planet to which he can relate. Jake's new friend, Aaron, came to visit along with Aaron's mom, Susan, and the famous Dog. It's no secret that Jake is a bit of a fussbudget from time to time...but what we had previously chalked up to gas is more likely the misconception that the only people in this world are giants that weigh over 100 pounds and stand more than 5 feet tall. When Jake was hanging out with Aaron, a happy 5 month old, he was a different man. As Susan said, it was like Aaron was saying "dude, you're acting like such a 2 week old. You're old enough to smile and be fun...you should try that out."
Dog, Susan, the boys and I spent Saturday in Annapolis walking around the Naval Academy (mainly so we could earn our trip to the fudge and ice cream store). Then we walked around Hunt Valley on Sunday (mainly so we could earn our pizza for lunch). We had a great time touring around Maryland while Kevin spent the weekend in Syracuse watching Penn State dominate. Unfortunately only one of us could have the camera, so check out Amy's pictures here. Below is how Jake felt when Dog, Susan and Aaron left. It's also how he felt after the big OSU loss.
Also, the Vileation Nation has been sucked into Facebook. And the Nation has also purchased a new computer. This is a bad combo. I could use another 8 weeks of maternity leave (more like "materNERDy leave") so I can learn all this new technology (read: "so I can play fun new computer games").
*special thanks to Aunt Linnea and Aunt Sarah for Jake's weekend wardrobe!!!

10 comments:

stella g. said...

now you've gone and done it... this blog-stalker has just found a new blog! love the pics of your little boy. he's got some HILARIOUS faces!

Happy said...

Those faces are priceless.

The camera loves him.

It really does look like he was happy to have found a friend on his level, but yet someone a little more mature who could show him a thing or two about the world.

Glad to see a new post!

Anonymous said...

Now those are some cute kids. They must take after their mommies.

Joanie said...

Absolutely adorable! I am still in awe of Jake's cool spiky hair. Caleb had that too... no one ever mistook him for a girl.

You go, Jake.

Jennifer said...

It certainly looks like Jake is going to be good friends with Aaron. It's amazing how kids relate to each other.
What a great weekend! I love your pictures of Annapolis and USNA!

AngelaPace said...

Looks like the kids had a great time getting to know each other! What CUTE kiddos! Much love to you all! XOXO (OH and when can I make the trip up there to photograph Jake?)

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is the last one on the roll. Jake is too much.
Now I must also comment on the fact that in nearly every photograph you have posted for public viewing, I am in pajamas or dirty clothes. How did I not understand that photos were happening?

The O'Leary Family said...

That is awesome! JD is getting so big already. WOW!

www.landoleary.com

Tricia said...

I have to tell you that Ruthie and I were checking out your blog. When I pointed out the picture of the boys, she got the cutest grin on her face and started pointing at them as if to say, "I want to play with them too!"

Sarah said...

Aim! I am so glad that Jake likes his outfit from Aunt Sarah! I am bonding here with the Kellogg children which are adorable! I need to work on posting better stuff despite the facebook and all other such things pulling at my time. Heck I need maternity leave and I don't even have a baby.