Monday, April 21, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

Jason turned 30! There's no way around it, Jason is 30. His wife Kristen threw an incredible surprise party for him and we had a great time of catching up with the Penn State contingency.Highlights from the evening were seeing Kyle and Sherry's family (with sweet sons Brody and Teague),me freaking out that everyone would get salmonella from a key lime pie Team Vile had made, Kevin winning at beer pong 3 times in a row, and of course, the fact that everyone who mentioned they read our blog also insisted that we not blog about them or show pictures of them. This is no democracy, this is the Vileation Nation...there are no release forms to sign, no consent forms to approve, no nothing. If we experience it or take a picture of it, it could find its way to the blog. Unless it's ugly pictures of us, which we will absolutely delete. It's just our policy.Anyway, it truly was a great night celebrating Jason's birthday and then we moved on to celebrating the impending birthday of "Panda." Kevin's mom and our future sister-in-law Kristin threw a gorgeous baby shower in Langhorne on Sunday afternoon. You would not believe the food at this place...unbelievable. And you would not believe the CUPCAKES that Kristin made. They were nothing short of exquisite and involved cutting open the tops, stuffing them with lemon curd, closing the tops and icing them with cream cheese frosting. Amazing. And the decorations and games and centerpieces that everyone put together...just perfect. Definitely check out the rest of the pictures to see the gorgeous pink and blue themed pansies that Mom Vile potted for each guest. I think "overwhelmed" would best describe how Kevin and I felt in response to everyone's generosity and kindness. It was just a great day and made us all the more excited to actually meet this baby. Check out some pictures here (if you were thinking you were safe from being pictured, Jodi, you were wrong...lucky for you you're looking great so we thought you'd be okay with it...).Great weekend over here at the Vileation Nation...now we're just enjoying some April showers in Baltimore and planning our next visit to see the Orioles play. We went to Camden Yards last week and caught a game against the White Sox (actual attendance is represented by the picture below, seriously. Some are blaming the dry spell in Oriole's attendance on those hot-shot Nationals who just moved in in DC). I was shocked to see Jim Thome playing for the White Sox since I thought he was still with the Indians. I think it's time for me to revisit baseball and stop asking about people like Jose Conseco and Albert Bell.

5 comments:

The O'Leary Family said...

Nice, it is always a good day when you get a mountain of free stuff that you don't exactly know what to do with yet. To be honest, 8 months after our baby shower I still don't know exactly what to do with some of that stuff. Oh well, little Miss Evey is getting along well enough. I don't think she minds that I confuse bibs with burp cloths or onesies with the actual outfit she wears on top of it.

The pictures look great. The big day will be here soon enough. Don't forget to rest up!!!! It will be worth every second of sleep you will have to give up.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous baby shower! Kevin's family sure knows how to throw a party. I wanted to assure you that I gained several pounds as a result of all the delicious food and desserts (no less than 3) that I consumed! It was great to see you (and my favorite husband not belonging to me). Can't wait to hear how you make out with the new baby stuff. It was such a great day and I’m so glad I could be part of it.

Lauren said...

Amy, I say put pictures up to your heart's content! We your loyal readers LOVE to see pictures of the people and events in your life, so self-consciousness be darned! :-)

And what a lovely, lovely baby shower, it's almost (almost!) enough to make me wish I was having a baby. What an exciting, amazing time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was the perfect weekend surrounded by love of family and friends! The shower looks like it was WONDERFUL. I wish I could make it up the one in OH. Please know my thoughts will be there. BTW - would LOVE to take maternity photos! ;)

PS - Thank you for the comments on the photos... you're so sweet!

Megan said...

I actually looked through all your shower pictures - looks like you had a wonderful time - everything was done so nicely - I loved the little flower pots! I also think it's great you have declared your blog a monarchy/dictatorship - you allow one person some censorship on a picture and it justs starts you down a very slippery slope! :)