Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tag

The Vileation Nation has been "tagged" by the good people over at "Two Are Better Than One." While only one of us was specifically called upon to relay 7 interesting facts, we decided to make it a team sport (since we are, after all, Team Vile) and see if we could find 7 interesting things about ourselves as a team. We couldn't. We came up with 6 and instead we have a quiz for those who think they know the Vileation Nation as our #7. Here we go!

1. We enjoy traveling and have traveled to such exotic locales as Paris, Rome, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Alaska and even Birmingham, AL. We are trying to see all 50 states together. Too bad DC doesn't count as a state.
2. We refer to our unborn child as "panda."

3. We worked for the same company for several years and were even on the same project at one point. Speaking of exotic locales, it was in LaRue, PA. We didn't care much about each other on that project, really. Hard to believe we didn't fall in love in LaRue, but we didn't (Incidentally, the picture below is not LaRue, PA).
4. We enjoy fine reality TV programs such as Flavor of Love, I Love New York and Rock of Love. We have enough sense to be embarrassed of this.

5. We have operated a tandem kayak twice and almost got divorced as a result of the experience twice.
6. We have a ridiculous list of names that we call Luther. Poodle J. Pug, Pugsicle, P Pants, Das Luther, etc.

7. And since that's where our not-so-interesting facts end, here is our quiz. See if you can figure out which of us matches each question below.
a. Insists on setting ice cream out and allowing it to thaw before eating it.
b. Insists on reading every plaquard and piece of information available at museums.
c. Likes orange juice with lots of pulp. Which is something the other hates.
d. Once had pet goats.
e. Claims to have seen Ed Norton at the Hudson Hotel in NYC.
f. Claims to have seen Iron Eagle over 25 times.
g. Is a night person.
h. Is responsible for the ironing.
i. Is responsible for the laundry (excluding ironing).
j. Thinks it's fun to see if there is a website for weird things...such as "poodlepugs.com" or "iloveteamvile.com" or "ilikethesmellofmysocks.com" etc.
k. Refuses to cash checks or use gifts received until the thank-you card is written and mailed.
l. Could happily do nothing but crossword puzzles all day long.

Okay, that's all we've got. We were asked to "tag" others as well, so while there is no pressure to actually respond...you're up, Land O'Leary, Jaglowskis, Avocados and Asparagus, Lillibridges, Living Local, and Yanks in the UK! Those of you who are not listed, it's only because I think you've already done this or I have not received proper approval that I can publish your website yet! You know who you are...

(Quiz answers....Kevin is letters b, d, f, g, h, j and Amy is the others...although Luther has probably seen Iron Eagle over 25 times as well.)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I knew Kevin was the one with Pet Goats! That was a fun list. So I may just be reading this while trying to peal a grapefruit too but I am not sure what I am tagged with. Am I supposed to find 7 things I have in common with my house plants?

Kevin and Amy said...

Now listen here, Sarah, you do NOT need to include your house plants! If you have things in common with them, that is fine, but mainly you just need to tell us interesting things about yourself. Your only challenge will be to limit it to only 7! I'm thinking the fact that your car lost its underwear might make the list...

Krissy said...

Excellent Job Team Vile! I got most of the quiz right, and from the cruise trip, Amy, knew about the non-night person and love of crossword puzzles. Very well done!

Lauren said...

This was HILARIOUS! I loved the post, I loved the facts, they were all fascinating, I loved the pictures of the two of you (the one in Vatican Square was prolly my favourite), I cracked up at the thought of the two of you divorcing post-tandem-kayaking, LaRue sounds so romantic that I can't believe you didn't fall in love there, I did pretty well on the quiz (I'm the same way with ice cream, but not with thank you notes, although I would like to be), and NOW we have a '7 facts' post to write, because tag, we're it!
Love to Amy, Kevin and Panda!

Anonymous said...

Such a great post! I love knowing these little facts about you two. Very interesting! Nice pictures of ya'll as well - Amy - you are just cute as a button! ;)