Sunday, January 20, 2008

Visit to Boston

I had a wonderful visit with my good friend Robyn and her charming boyfriend Matt this past Monday. Every now and then my job takes me to some fun places...this time Boston. When I asked Robyn if she and Matt were available to hang out, she graciously agreed to host me for the evening and said that it would be best for me to take the T (and who wouldn't trust this face).
Well. I've heard "The Man Who Never Returned" by the Kingston Trio enough times to know that it is probably best for me to stay off the T (lest I become "lost forever, 'neath the streets of Boston"), but she directed me to this website and we agreed that I could manage to sit still, count 9 stops, and then exit the train. So I did it and it was invigorating. For you Kingston Trio fans, the T toll card is even called the Charlie Card...can you stand it?! I think it's fabulous.
Anyway, it was a wonderful evening with Matt and Robyn...we enjoyed a great dinner at the neighborhood Cambridge tavern and then enjoyed pictures from Robyn's sister's recent wedding in Tahoe (congratulations, Adam and Diana!!!! GORGEOUS pictures, gorgeous couple). Then I made a ridiculously hasty exit as I was silently panicking about whether I could find my car at the T station when I arrived back in Quincy. Good news is...plenty of Celtics fans rode along with me and there is always safety (and confidence) in numbers. Below is a picture of Matt doing his "man at rest in the evening" pose which I thought was just oh-so-Cambridge. Delightful.Note the incredible art behind Matt and Robyn in the picture below...Dr. Seuss originals! Incredible.
Thank you for a generous, relaxing evening, Matt and Robyn...can't wait to host you for that Orioles game this summer! I'm holding you to it.

3 comments:

Crafty P said...

You brave woman! You did it! Taking the T sounds terribly brave. Congrats!

New pics up over at "my place".

Megan said...

I know the song only because I've been in situations with my family when it was appropriate for my parents to sing it. Not sure if it was ever appropriate but it always fit the situation. We got lost alot growing up.
Thanks for your kind words about Pokey - also, I want to say congrats about the other bit of news you added at the end - but I haven't seen it announced anywhere on this blog - so feel free to delete this comment if it's giving something away that isn't supposed to be given away! pheww

Jennifer said...

I am so glad to hear of your positive experience on the T. This entry of yours gives me the courage to try the T again. The last time I was in Boston I did not navigate the city too well via the T, although it's always good to have an adventure. Congratulations on your grand adventure!