Monday, October 15, 2007

Dog Wins!

It should come as no surprise that a person who goes by the name of "Dog" has won the contest. The contest of "why is our pug named Luther."

Here are the top guesses that we hear regarding Luther's name:

Luther Vandross
Martin Luther
Martin Luther King
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Lex Luthor
"Not a winner but a luther" (courtesy of our Pun King from Maynard...you know who you are!)

None of these are correct.

Dog (who many of you will recognize as the Matron of Honor at our wedding) knows the truth.

Luther is named for Luther van Damm on the TV show "Coach." So now Kevin needs to get a bunch of office supplies to Dog and her husband Jim.

Incidentally, we just spent a fantastic weekend with Dog and Jim in Columbus, Ohio, home of #1 Ohio State. We attended a beautiful wedding and I embarrassed myself about 7 different ways during the rest of the weekend. I will post some updates (and hopefully pictures if my Dad will share his) about this weekend in the near future.

(Luther is pictured above with his new best friend Abby.)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I had an email yesterday from my brother telling me to check ESPN college rankings for a very nice surprise - way to go, Buckeyes!!

Did I mention a friend I work with here is named Luther? Now I'll have to ask where his name came from. My money's on the 'not a winner but a luther' one!

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the pun master at Maynard, whoever you are. I love "not a winner, but a luther". You are marvelous.

Amy Vile, I miss you!

Oh yeah and -- update: I'm back on the crack. (not REALLY, people!)

Crafty P said...

oh, i so miss that little pug and his parents.

boys are enjoying seeing Aunt Amy on the fridge all gussied up. soooo beautiful, Aim.

Linnea- what the?

Sarah said...

Amy I am so glad that you have cleared this up. However, I still think you should see the movie "Luther" about Martin Luther. Fantastic. And I am sure Luther the pug would enjoy it also. Oh yes and do you remember my Dog Friends from my blog? Owner of one of those dogs said that a dog solves everything . . . and since her little puppy is quite a terror she has decided that she needs another dog to solve it.

Anonymous said...

I "bout fell out" when I saw that stunning photo of two beautiful people with a lovely note on the back from you two. ;-) Nice photo!!