Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Visit from Our Attorney and Pediatrician

Dog and Jim came to visit!!! Not only are Dog and Jim super fun to be around, but they are constantly helping us in the legal and medical realms. Not that we're in constant legal trouble, but we just like to be up to speed on whether Kevin has to pay an $.80 toll from Illinois (from 2006) that is now somehow $46.23.

Anyway. Not only did Dog and Jim come to visit, but they brought Jake some cool outfits, too! Check it out! Grove City girls, I do hope you've noticed the "Four Square Rocks" onesie!!!
During Dog and Jim's visit, we took a quick trip up to Gettysburg. Dog navigated us around town and we saw pretty much every inch of the place with the exception of some memorial to North Carolina. I was okay with missing the memorial to North Carolina because on the way to Gettysburg, I was able to locate a Dairy Queen. I really cannot stress the importance of this. It even has a drive-thru. Jacob is good at "driving thru."
Then on Saturday, after Dog and Jim met up with their other friends (or their excuse to get away from us), Kevin and I headed up to Langhorne for Kristin's bridal shower. Of course I forgot my camera in the car, so I have no photographic evidence of this event. But suffice it to say that Kristin is such a gorgeous bride-to-be and such a gracious showeree. It was a wonderful day and it was great to meet Kristin's sister, Stefanie, too!
We had another banner weekend and now we're looking forward to a visit from Jake's Cleveland Grandma this evening. Jake is currently squawking with delight! (Or maybe squawking with the need for a diaper change...I'm still trying to figure that out.)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great weekend! I just love Jake's hair!!!

Joanie said...

Now that is one cute baby, whether he has on the stylin' t-shirts or not! Dare I say it... Jake looks a lot like Kevin in that car seat shot! Two cute men, what more can a woman ask for?

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Amy!

Megan said...

i love the picture of them on the couch - like this is all a piece of cake! great onesies and bib...i mean cape. amanda - where did you find those?
i love jake's hair - it looks oh so touchable...you're gonna have to watch out for the girls before you know it!

AngelaPace said...

What a fantastic weekend! How FUN! Jake looks so darn cute! Love the spikey hair and that smooshy little face in his car seat. AWWW! How *is* Luther doing also? OH - and those onsies & bib are fabulous!!

Lauren said...

Jake seriously looks like such a character - Amy, he is definitely your son :-). Seriously, his hair is amazing. Have you tried gelling it into a mohawk yet? If so, I want to see pictures!

Tell me more about this Dairy Queen dilemma - do you really not have DQs near you? If so, I will shed some tears in commiseration, coming from the land with no ice cream shops.

How are you holding up? Jake looks beautiful, but I can only imagine how overwhelming the first month of parenthood could be. Knowing you and your general awesomeness, I'm sure you're doing well, but we've been praying for you all the same!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of us with Jake and Luther. And the one with Jake and his cool clothes is on our fridge.

Happy said...

You guys look like you are having a blast being parents!

Jake is super adorable. Seeing his baby face makes my uterus all squishy feeling like I need another baby!

Which I totally don't.

Can't wait to see more pics!

The O'Leary Family said...

Wow, JD is looking great. We are so happy for you guys. Enjoy every day. :)

Land O'Leary