Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sleep...

Here's something we used to enjoy...sleeping. Actually, we're pretty fortunate because Jake seems to enjoy it as well...just for much shorter intervals than we're used to. He appears to try to stave of sleep with everything he's got (even when tightly swaddled) as evidenced in the short video below. Truth be told, he could be waking up here, rather than falling asleep, but mainly we just wanted to share how cute his little facial expressions can be.

He'll probably sleep pretty well today since he endured the awful "heel stick" business at the pediatrician's. But Dr. Pete said that little JD is looking good and can continue to live with us rather than go to a foster home. So all in all, a good day.

5 comments:

Happy said...

I would like a prize for being the first commenter! Even though I don't know you! And you probably think I'm all crazy blog stalker lady...c'mon that's what you call me, isn't it?? You can be honest.

I'll only cry a little.

Jake is adorable. Good luck with your new sleeping patterns. I still haven't figured my own out yet and my son is two and a half.

I will be offering no parenting advice in the comments.

I get all my good advice from your friend Crafty P. She's good.

I'm still learning. I'm a work in progress.

Apparently I should apply the same level of devotion to working on my parenting skills as I do on stalking stranger's blogs....

I leave you with that to ponder.

Joanie said...

Sleep will return dear Amy... one of these days! Take those naps when you can get 'em!! Jake is adorable... love the little grimaces and face-squishing expressions. Keep your camera at the ready for many more !

Anonymous said...

I love that kid already! Great facial expressions. Doesn't it make you wonder what he was dreaming about?

Krissy said...

I can tell I already love this little boy. Rarely am I so compelled to hold someone else's baby, but yours is at the top of the list dear Amy! Oh little Jake, what wonderful facial expressions. You have melted your BSG auntie's heart!

Crafty P said...

sigh.

he is so precious.

gosh I want to hold him.

i do not know everything there is to know about parenting. but you already know that! we make it up as we go