Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting ready to be a big brother

Luther is gearing up for his responsibilities as big brother. He has been testing out a few of the baby's toys, he has been waking us up in the middle of the night (barking, moving around in bed, etc), and seems to enjoy the music that the Pack and Play emits. I think we might try swaddling him tonight, just to see how it goes.
Anyway, since our pictures in the near future will likely be of the baby more than anything else, here are a few of Luther's best shots (as Tyra Banks of America's Next Top Model would say). We love him like he's our baby and welcome any ideas/success stories for making his transition into big brotherhood a good one.
Oh...and we would have posted all about how great our 4th of July was, but we didn't do anything. At all. We planned to go see the Baltimore Symphony at a local park, but every evening of this weekend got rained out. So instead we watched Dan in Real Life and Charlie Wilson's War. We also weeded the yard and spent a lot of time at the Home Depot. Kevin's new workbench is well underway and is looking fantastic! Pictures will be posted when Kevin (aka Bob Vila) finally feels that the garage is presentable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Viles,

I miss you guys. I have just discovered your magical blog. I will spend the rest of my night reading your musings and figuring out how I can kidnap your dog while you're rushing into the hospital.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=36561796&blogID=221971280&Mytoken=AF596B67-A4C1-4EC7-999D0857EDE60D0F105017311

There's my blog. It sort of explains things.

Megan said...

Amy -thank you for always leaving the best comments! I need to start updating my books and movies - I'm way behind. Also - I was looking at SCL church webpage and I saw your entry - just b/c I know that church from other who go there and I recognized your name. I'll have to add my church eventually.
Anyway - I love looking at all your pictures. FYI - I go to each google album and look through them (I hope that doesn't sound too much like stalking). You've had some awesome showers and I love seeing all the cool food, favors and decorations. Plus, the fun reunions with GCC girls!
As far as dogs go - Goldie really did alright with our girls. "they" say to let them smell something of the babies (blanket) to get them used to the new scent. Also, you go in and greet Luther without the baby - just give him some love and cuddles, b/c after that you'll have to set up boundaries and don't want him to feel bad :( I'm sure he'll do great!
World's longest comment is now over...

AngelaPace said...

Luther is one talented model... I tell ya what... Tyra Banks watch out! ;D I know that little Luther will still get lots of love and affection when baby Vile arrives so I think he'll do fine. I also did the whole bring something home that smells like the baby before bringing baby into the house. Not sure that it's helpful, but something to try none-the-less. I think he'll be fine. Not sure if he's eating out of bowl again... but at most he may resort to eating from the floor again. Unlikely though. ;) The great thing about dogs... the unconditional love. You may want to start pulling his ears and tail and see how he does - get him prepared! J/J!
I swear I've been checking the blog daily waiting to hear about baby Vile. Seriously... how will I be alerted by good news? :D
Lots of love,
Ang

Sarah said...

Wow those Luther shots are great! He is going to be a great big brother I can just tell. And I am sure he will squeeze into many of the baby shots in the future.

And I can't wait to see the workbench! I love Home Depot - I was trying to think up what I could build that justified buying power tools.

The O'Leary Family said...

Wow, Luther is looking cute there! When is Panda popping out? Today?