Monday, June 16, 2008

More Parties for Panda!

It is a major concern of mine that I will never be able to get people to understand how truly grateful I am for them. I just don't know how to express it strongly enough. And after this past weekend, I'm confronted with this issue yet again. How can we ever adequately thank all the Maynard "family" and the Bible Study Girls for the love they've shown us??? I am back to being truly overwhelmed and very, very grateful.

(Because it's boring to just read my ramblings, we've peppered in some nusery pictures here and there. We have a long way to go and there is no real theme yet, but here are some pictures anyway!)Incidentally, so far I totally recommend having children later in life because you get to learn from all the experts who've gone before you! Thank you, ladies, for all your advice and your listening ears...and those of you who said "feel free to call anytime, in the middle of the night, whenever," I would like to remind you that you've dug your own grave. Because I will call. And I will be desperate. So watch out.Click here for some pictures from the Maynard shower...the ladies threw an absolutely gorgeous book-themed shower over lunch last Thursday. Check out the amazing food everyone provided! And speaking of food, not only did I take home such sweet books with personal messages in each one, but we were given a little box full of restaurant gift cards so that we will have sustenance once this baby arrives! What a FANTASTIC gift...the hard part is not spending them now!! Thank you, Maynard girls, for the beautiful shower and the thoughtful gifts, you'll never know how special each one of you is to me, and you'll never know how grateful I am to work with people as loving and generous as each of you. It should also be noted that it is Maynard tradition to offer a company shower, too, so you'll see pictures of that as well. We got to enjoy some cake before a big meeting on Friday. Thanks, Maynard!!! We are ready to go do some wild spending at Target with that awesome gift card and the bath gear for Panda is adorable! Thank you!!!So if you're keeping track, that was a shower on Thursday and a shower on Friday. Kevin is astonished because it is rare that I actually TAKE a shower each day, let alone attend one in our child's honor. But the parties aren't over, because on Saturday the Bible Study Girls (BSGs to those in the know) hosted a spectacular event at Josie's new house. Check out the pictures here and look at how they thought of every detail. The theme was polka dots and even the ICE CREAM in the punch was in the shape of little dots! The vases for the flowers had little dots on them and even the cake carried the theme. The flowers, by the way, were favors and just so sweet and beautiful. And they weren't the only favors...Joanie made personalized chocolate bar wrappers...check it out! Again, it's hard not to be totally overwhelmed and feel totally inadequate when given a shower this beautiful. These girls went to great lengths to have just the right decor and the most incredible food...Joanie even put together a devotional for the occassion. It was just wonderful to see these girls. Thank you, precious BSGs, for an unforgettable day and for your sweet gifts...I've unpacked all of them and I'm ready to use 'em! Thank you!!!

So once again, that is three shower in three days. That also means three cakes in three days! I was in my glory. Thank you, everyone, for making this such a special time for Kevin and me...please know that we love you and appreciate you and respect you so much. We are surrounded by wonderful people and we're going to work hard to live up to all the love you've shown us!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What fantastic friends you have! The baby's room looks soothing and beautiful and perfect!

I would like to comment that I scarfed down my cookie from my boxed lunch. I ate it so fast that you didn't even see it!

It was great seeing you last week.

Ben said...

How does one go about getting a customized candy bar? Not my own candy bar, but one of yours? And all of that cake. Amazing. Remember the Snoznik cake. Now that was a cake.

It looks like you all are well on your way for the arrival, and so far in advance of the Great Upheaval. Here's a tip - pants at 6 months = shorts at 22 months so don't give stuff away too soon.

How about getting The Rath Faction a shout out in your blog listings?

Kevin and Amy said...

Let it be known, Rath Faction, that you were addressed (albeit in a clandestine way) in the April 16 edition of the Vileation Nation. I was waiting for permission to link you and your faction from our site and now I am glad to see that permission has been granted.

With affection, MCS

The O'Leary Family said...

Wow, first of all The Rath Faction is shameless. If you want to see a real blog, go to www.landoleary.com. :)

Is there still a place called Maynard? I could have sworn the giant sign on the front of the building had the word Accenture on it. :(

BBW (Big Beautiful Worm to all of you people not in the know), you look amazing! Now after all these years I realize why you send out all those cards, for the ridiculous amount presents and parties you get in return someday!!! Joke.

Seriously, it looks like you guys are all ready for the pending arrival of little Panda. You are going to love it. Just love it. Congratulations again and good luck! Now, get some last remaining sleep before the big day!

AngelaPace said...

I just have to say Amy... you and Kevin deserve every single party and present that you've gotten! You are such wonderful, caring people... and I am so excited for the arrival of a little cousin (or 2nd cousin or however that all works!) LOL. Looks like you have a fantastic network of friends & family who love you deeply. You're the best! Thinking of you!

Lauren said...

What wonderful showers! It was so, so great to see all the Maynard pictures, it brought back so many memories. Please tell everyone I say hello next time you see them.

And good luck with these last few weeks, I am unbelievably excite for you!

Love, Lauren

Sarah said...

LOVE THE NURSERY! IS THAT YOUR BABY ROOM! AMAZING. Can I come stay in it. Would I fit? Seriously that is NICE!