Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving '07

We were sufficiently spoiled and well-fed this Thanksgiving. We started our greater Pennsylvania tour in Philadelphia with Kevin's family. We had an incredible meal and had a great time with Kevin's parents, his Uncle Ed and Aunt Judy, and Grandmom Vile. And even though the picture made it look like all we did was drink a gallon of Bailey's, we actually all behaved in a relatively tame fashion. We even had a great game of Scrabble to help our food digest.
We weren't the only ones who were well-fed...Luther did alright this holiday as well.
From Philadelphia we drove to the Clarion region and hung out with Amy's family. We had more fabulous meals with Amy's parents, Nana, and Grandpa. We played more Scrabble and even an interesting game called "Alfred Hitchcock's WHY?" from 1958. We also found some brainteaser puzzles and kept ourselves confounded the entire visit.
It was a wonderful holiday and we really gained a perspective on how much we have to be thankful for. We are thankful that we were not this bird because unfortunately hunting season in Pennsylvania means that slow, possibly hurt birds don't last very long. For all our "birder" friends out there, what the heck is this bird (may he rest in peace)?!?

6 comments:

Crafty P said...

oh lovely pictures. I was wondering if you visited PA for Turkey Day.

May I recommned Profect Feederwatch to find out the name of that bird? Just google it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, turkey, Scrabble and family - sounds like a wonderful weekend. We were especially glad to see that Luther was enjoying turkey also.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!! So good to see Thanksgiving pictures! So glad you had a wonderful PA tour! Lots of love... XOXO

Anonymous said...

So did you figure out what kind of bird that is yet?

We'll it's appropriately the partridge. You probably didn't recognize it outside of the pear tree.

Before you start thinking I'm the smartest person you know, I will admit that my Dad clued me in (he's the smartest person I know).

And now, no thanks to you, I've the 12 days of Christmas stuck in my head. You're the best!

Anonymous said...

Its a Northern Bobwhite my friends. Go to Google Images for confirmation if you do not believe me!
Excellent work my junior birdmen. Excellent work!
Love Dog

Sarah said...

Amy, I love that I can remember sitting in that very kitchen myself back in July! Yes lots to be thankful for . . . even though now it is time to celebrate a different holdiay. Goodness I am behind!