Friday, November 2, 2007

Luther In Cognito

No, Luther is not dressed in Steelers gear.

Luther chose to be a bumblebee for Halloween this year and was certainly the hit of the neighborhood. You can see how happy he was about the whole thing. But it was either a bumblebee or a ladybug and so...voila.

It was amazing how many kids made it the whole way to our doorstep and didn't realize that Luther was a dog. I don't mean to suggest that they seriously thought he was a bee, but they seemed to think he was a toddler or something. Kevin and I can only hope to have children half as beautiful as Luther someday.
We carved some pumpkins this year, too, which was very fun and very messy. We should have done a better job of taking pictures throughout the experience, but here is the final result. Kevin even cut a hole in the back of one of them and sprayed hairspray through and lit it to simulate a fire-breather. And Grove City girls...please do not miss the fact that THE WITCH is on my front door!!! Thanks, Susan!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE Luther's costume! I really think you should continue to use it throughout football season when the Steelers play - it would be a shame not get as much use as possible out of it! Were any trick or treaters present for the fire breathing pumpkin display?
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog - I loved to hear that you've been checking in.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the witch looks fabulous there! I think you should wrap her in Christmas lights and leave her up the rest of the holiday season.

Crafty P said...

Da Witch??? Wow! She looks great on your front door.

And Luther looks FABUUUUU

Anonymous said...

Luther - you are one lucky dog! This was my first Halloween, but I know a great costume when I see it and YOU looked fantastic! Top notch! Hopefully you were able to get your paws on some Halloween candy or a special doggie treat! My grandparents have a dog who loves candy, so maybe you do too. Peace out, Luther!

Anonymous said...

Arf Luther!

Arf arf! Woof woof woof arf arf woof woof arf! Arf woof woof arf woof arf woof arf woof....WOOF WOOF ARF!

Sarah said...

THE WITCH! How exciting to see the Tiger dressed up again this year!