Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Celebrations all around...

We are official residents of Reisterstown, so I'm sure that anyone who owns the book "100,000,000 Places To See Before You Die" will want to check Reisterstown off the list. Come visit anytime! You can see some pictures of the new place here, but we'll do a better job of posting pictures in the future. Or, as mentioned, you could come visit.So moving into the new house is one big thing to celebrate, the next big thing is that Amy gets to go to Iowa and check that state of her list of "50 States To See Before You Die." I think I only have a few left...mainly the vast midwest interior. If anyone's looking to travel to Nebraska in the near future, I'd love to join you.
And the next big celebration is the absolutely GORGEOUS baby shower that my mom hosted this weekend in Ohio. Dog orchestrated the games (so fun...got some great and FRANK advice!), Susan orchestrated the balloons (and managed to not smother her newborn while transporting the balloons) and Sharyn handled the gift documentation (with lively commentary to boot). Like a well-oiled machine, those ladies. The event was so fun and I just loved seeing people from different parts of my life...people I've known since my own birth, music teachers I had as I was growing up, moms of my junior high and high school friends, some wonderful Grove City friends, etc etc. It was a wonderful, special day and I am so grateful to my mom for the lovely affair. And as you know, I get pretty excited about dessert...cake in particular...and my mom had this wonderful idea that I encourage everyone to do. She got one large cake for us all to share, and then several little cakes that were used as prizes throughout the day, so those people who were winning at the games got to take home a cake! I can think of no better prize than a cake, truly. Pictures are available here.
So now Panda is all set to make its debut. It got a lot of good loot over the course of several showers. I didn't receive a pain-relief kit for the actual birth of Panda, but I'm sure that's coming. We registered for it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is funny that your tiny little relatives make you look tall in that picture. Oh, and don't knock Nebraska. JC thinks there's no better place in the world than Omaha, Nebraska the first weekend of May.

Kevin and Amy said...

Hey, no one's knocking Nebraska. I simply need it for my list. What makes Omaha in May so fabulous? Is that slaughter-time?

Megan said...

I loved all the pictures - so fun to see all the GCC girls there! And those cakes looked wonderful - did they taste as good as they looked? Amy - you look great and I seriously loved your dress! Oh yeah - congrats on the move and new house - enjoy the next few months/weeks(?) of nesting.

The O'Leary Family said...

I can't wait to see what items you purchased from Ball-Mart to decorate your lovely new home!

Crafty P said...

Cake! I missed out on winning CAKE??? OH geesh. That stinks.

Well, the shower looked fabulous, but not as fabulous as you, Mrs. Vile! SEriously rockin' it out in that adorable green dress.

LOVE The house pics, too. Can't wait to visit... maybe sans kids? we'll see.

Panda's closet looks nice and ready! How are his/her parents?

Jennifer said...

Congrats all around! The home looks amazing! And the shower looks like a blast!

That is a fantastic idea to have mini-cakes! I am going to keep that in mind!

Anonymous said...

Well the house is simply fabulous. Seriously - you two hit the jackpot with that one. So neat and clean - not to mention the beautiful paint colors!

Joanie said...

Amy, you do NOT look like some enormous whale! Just beautiful you are as a momma-to-be! Your home is gorgeous and so are you. Next to round out all the gorgeousness will be the arrival of baby Panda. One gorgeous family, I tell you.

We can;t wait to see you for your BSG shower in June! Yahoo! Hope there's something left on the registry to buy for you!!